1. The winner of group 1 will be rewarded with a $70 prize and the second place prize is $15. The group 2 winner will also receive $15.
2. If the total collection of the night is less than $50, the winner will receive the total amount collected.
1. Players must register for the league no later than 4:30 pm as the league will start at 5:00 pm sharp with no exceptions. If a player is unable to reach SPTTC by 4:30pm, then the player should call and register by phone before 4:30pm. Without regisitering on time, there is no guarantee of being able to play in an appropriate level group.
2. No group will have more than 7 players (no exceptions).
3. Players will need to play their matches in a pre-determined sequence. This is so that every one gets a chance to play an equal number of matches and finish all matches in a timely manner less wait time). 4. Level 1 will have 2 groups (group 1A and group 1B). The league coordinator will assign players to play in group 1A or 1B using the snake method (based on SPTTC club rating or USATT rating if club rating is not available). The top 2 finishers of group 1A and 1B will advance to play the next round (knockout). 5. Level 2 will also have 2 groups (group 2A and group 2B). The league coordinator will assign players to play in group 2A or 2B using the snake method (based on SPTTC club rating or USATT rating if club rating is not available). The top 2 finishers of group 2A and 2B will advance to play the next round (knockout). Note: Level 2 may not always have 2 groups. The number of groups will depend on the number of players registered for the league. 6. The top finisher of level 1 will win a cash prize of $70 or the total amount collected in the league (whichever is less). The 2nd place finisher will win a cash prize of $15. 7. The top finisher of level 2 will get to advance to level 1 the following week. In order to advance to level 1, the top finisher of level 2 must show up for league play the following week. 8. Practice time is limited to 2 minutes.
Each month, only during the open window (1st to 5th), a player can submit a request to adjust their rating via email to SPTTC or by leaving a note at the front desk.
a. Only USATT rating change in prior month tournaments will be accepted b. USATT rating goes up by over 50 points (U-1500) or over 25 points (>1500) AND their club rating is lower than the USATT rating
Round Robin Group Formations
1. No table will have more than 7 players and no table will have less than 6 players. 2. Table # 1 will have 7 players if total #players >= 13. 3. Table #2 will have 7 players if total #players >=20. 4. If the number of players in the lowest table is less than 6 then the bottom 2 tables will have double round-robin format as follows:
a.) Players from the bottom 2 tables will be divided into 2 groups (group A and group B) b.) Group A and Group B players will be mixed up in tournament format (e.g: Players seeded 1,4,5,8 in one group and players seeded 2,3,6 and 7 will be in the other group) c.) At the end of the first round-robin, players will be re-arranged again into two groups Group A(winner group ) and B (loser group ) for 2nd round-robin play. d.) Players who played each other in the first round-robin will not face each other again.
If the total number of players=22, then table 1=7 players (single round-robin), table 2=7 players (single round robin). Table 3 now has 8 players. So, they play double round-robin. They will be divided into 2 groups, group 3A and group 3B as follows:
First Round Robin:
Group 3A Group 3B
#1(seed #1) #2 (seed #2)
Round Robin 2:
Group 3A(winner group) Group 3B(loser group)
#1(winner 3A) #3 (3rd place 3A)
#1(winner 3B) #3 (3rd place 3B)
#2(2nd place 3A) #4 (4rd place 3A)
#2(2nd place 3B) #4 (4rd place 3B)
Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday$8.00 for members
$16.00 for non-members
$8.00 for junior members
$12.00 for junior non-members
If a participant arrives before 5pm and wishes to practice, an additional $5 fee will be added.